As I’m sure you have already seen, I have been working on our walk-in robe. It houses all of our clothes but also my ‘fancy’ shoes, accessories and make up. I have some jewellery stored in the shoe closet among my clutches, watches and perfumes. I couldn’t fit too much into the shoe closet without it feeling extremely cluttered, so I had to find a spot for the remainder of my necklaces.
I have been trying to utilise the narrow walk way we have to the best of my ability. I turned these K-Mart photo frames into jewellery organisers and love them because they’re narrow and look like little features on the wall. The frame opens and closes with a pretty little latch, making it the perfect way to store my necklaces, bracelets and excess earrings. It hangs on the opposite end to my make up station which is still in progress, so it works really well functionally. The frame comes with the latch and door, so you don’t have to add any additions to achieve the look and effect.
DIY Jewellery Organisers
1. Take out everything from the frame to reveal the permanent backing and cover that in contact. The back of the frame is a piece of mdf, so you can add screws or hooks easily.
2. Using masking tape, mark out a guide line so you can screw in your hooks nice and straight
3. Add hooks in desired spots – I used a screw and a drill to make a dent in the board and then screwed in the hooks by hand.
4. Hot glue acrylic cover to the frame so you can’t see the frame security clips. This step will make more sense if you have the frame.
5. Hang your jewellery and you’re all done!